Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (European Standards and Guidelines ESG), May 2015
Translations of the ESG 2015
The ESG-Standards are:
- Policy and procedures for quality assurance
- Design and approval of programmes
- Student-centred learning, teaching and assessment.
- Student admission, progression, recognition and certification
- Teaching staff
- Learning resources and student support
- Information management
- Public information
- Ongoing monitoring and periodic review of programmes
- Cyclical external quality assurance
Frameworks NVAO in line
The assessment frameworks of NVAO are in line with current legislation in the Netherlands and Flanders. The frameworks and NVAO’s processes and procedures follow the European Standard and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). This has been established in the external reviews of NVAO in 2012 and in 2017 by the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA).
NVAO is a full member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA).
NVAO is registered in the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR).