NVAO is taking a number of measures to limit the further spread of the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) in the Netherlands and Flanders. If the situation changes, we will inform you again on this page. For questions, please contact the NVAO.
Update September 2021
We continue to monitor the situation. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your contact person or process coordinator (specific procedure) at NVAO.
Update 15th of July 2021
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your relationship manager (general) or process coordinator (specific procedure) at NVAO.
Update 23th of February 2021
Working as a panel member in times of COVID-19
- We comply at all times with all measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19;
- If you or one of your family members feel ill and an on campus site visit is planned, please inform the NVAO process coordinator well in time;
- Depending on the number of COVID infections in the region / city of the site visit and the measures taken, we may postpone reviews, organise them hybrid or online.
- If you need to travel as a panel member (domestic and foreign traffic), follow the travel advice of the region / country where you officially reside and your region / country of destination:
- Dutch government: https://www.rivm.nl/coronavirus-covid-19/reisadviezen
- Belgian authorities: https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl
- Other countries: see official communication from the authorities
- The following also applies:
- Always read the full (travel) advice and do not rely solely on the colour code. Only this way you know for sure whether quarantine is an obligation or an advice.
- You are not allowed to travel to red regions. We will look for a suitable solution together.
When NVAO staff or panel members travel abroad, they are covered by a NVAO travel insurance. In doing so, the insurer takes into account the guidelines of the government where the insured resides. For example, a panel member living in the Netherlands is insured by the travel insurance, provided that travelling to Belgium is still permitted by the Dutch government. The site visits that we are currently organising as part of our review procedures and for which you would have to cross the border, are necessary for organizational reasons. This means that you are also insured for travels to orange regions, not for travels to red regions. If needed, we will provide alternatives for the on campus site visits.
Domestic travelling is additionally insured under NVAO's travel insurance if this also includes a pre-booked overnight stay.
Update 17th of March 2020
Update 12th of March 2020In view of the current developments regarding COVID-19 (Corona virus), NVAO’s Flanders Department has decided to postpone meetings with institutions in the context of assessment procedures, with the exception of one assessment, where decision-making can no longer be postponed. In this specific case, we will discuss with the institution how to conduct the conversation online.